Dais Introductions

 Hello everyone!! 


Welcome to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at BMUN LXXI 👨‍⚖️👩‍⚖️


We are SO honored and excited to be your dais for this committee, and can't wait to see the lively and diplomatic debate you will all be a part of! Now let's get into some introductions...


Hi everyone! My name is Nadia Kazempoor and I am so happy to be your Head Chair for ICJ at BMUN 71! I am a junior at Cal studying Political Science and Middle Eastern Languages and Culture. I am also the USG of Education and Outreach here at BMUN, and am always looking to promote BMUN’s educational mission to spread the influential power of MUN to all students—especially as someone whose academic career was shaped by their high school MUN experience. I was lucky enough to intern at the US Department of Education in Washington D.C. this past summer, which solidified my passion for increasing access to educational equity. Besides BMUN, I was also the President of my sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma, and am currently the External Affairs Director of the Iranian Students’ Cultural Organization and a Research Fellow at the Institute of International Studies. Outside of school, I love cats, books, and pretending I’m a food critic at local restaurants! Looking forward to meeting you all! 


Hey everyone! My name is Deepak Ragu, and I am super excited to be one of your vice-chairs for the International Court of Justice this year! I am currently a senior at UC Berkeley, and I'm a Computer Science and Political Science double major. Having done MUN since 7th grade, I'm super excited to once again chair at BMUN! During high school, I've had the opportunity to both compete in and chair committees, so I look forward to once again applying my skills and helping delegates improve their abilities as well. Outside of MUN, I'm involved with a few other organizations at Cal as well, including Sigma Alpha Nu (co-ed pre-law fraternity). In my free time, I usually just hang out with my friends and play board games like Secret Hitler, or catch up on tv shows like The Flash and New Girl. If you have any questions related to BMUN, MUN in general, or otherwise, feel free to send me an email at dragu@bmun.org or contact the BMUN secretariat. Happy Prepping!


Hi! I am Sophia Wang, and I will be one of your vice chairs this year. I am currently a first year student, intending to double major in Political Economy and Business Administration with a minor in Data Science. I am beyond excited to meet you all! In my free time, I love mindlessly scrolling through Tiktok, reading books that make me cry my eyes out, watching A24 films, collecting tote bags, and making way too many Spotify playlists (gotta have one for every mood). Some music artists I like are DPR Ian, Hyukoh, BTS, Bruno Major, and Niki. Aside from BMUN, I am also involved in the Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship Program, the Legal Clinic, the Student Advocate's Office, and Global Research and Consulting group. This winter, I went to Riga, Latvia as part of the U.S. Department of State's National Security Language Initiative for Youth Alumni Travel Program to learn Russian, and I witnessed first hand the effects of the war on Russia's neighboring countries. I am interested to see how debate will unfold during committee and listen to all your inputs! 


Please reach out to us at icjbmunlxxi@bmun.org if you have any questions, concerns, comments, or if you’d just like to chat! See you all in March and happy MUNing! 


                    Nadia                                    Deepak                                Sophia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procedure Guide + Committee Flow

Recent updates to the case

Tips for Rulings